The sealant is intended for hermetic sealing of insulated glass units used in industrial and civil insulated glazing, after fastening
glass sheets with spacers (the second zone of sealing - outer side of edge). The task of the material is not only to seal tight the system, but also to ensure mechanical strength of the construction. Usage of sealant: extrusion of melted mass with help of standard
equipment (Hot Melt dispensors).
The sealant is a chemically stabilized filled compound containing butyl rubber and synthetic
elastomers of different molecular weight with high molecular resins. Composition of the material provides
a wide plasticity range at work temperatures, adhesion properties required in important constructions, chemical
stability and ultra-violet resistance for a reliable long-term operation. The compound does not contain volatile solvents.
No components to be mixed before sealing work;
A wide temperature range of operation (from -40∞C up to +70∞C);
Fast solidification: under normal conditions the compound gets tight
within 2 minutes. The sealed unit can be transported in 10 minutes;
High adhesion (does not go down even in conditions of high humidity) to silicate
glass and all types of spacers, including raw and anodized aluminum, zinc-coated steel and polycarbonate;
High stability to ultraviolet radiation and oxidative ageing.
- Appearance: an elastic solid body, when melted - high-viscosity fluid;
- Colour: black, as thin film - grey;
- Density: 1150-1250 kg/m3;
- Non-volatile substances mass content: 100%;
- Extrusion temperature: 165-185∞C;
- Fastening time to absence of sticking: no more than 5 minutes;
- Softening point (Ring and Ball): not below 120∞C;
- Anchoring strength at separation from glass: not less than 0,60 MPa;
- Anchoring strength at separation from aluminium: not less than 0,40 MPa;
- Relative elongation at tearing up: not less than 450%;
- Ultimate tensile strength: not less than 0,09 MPa;
- Hardness by Shore A: 50-65 at 23∞C;
- Vapour permeability: no more than 0,12x10-13 kg/(m.sec.Pa);
- Water absorption (by mass): less than 0,1%.
To be stored at temperatures from -15 up to +30∞C. Storage should be done in places
far enough from sources of fire and warming devices. The warranty period of storage is 18 months from the date
of manufacturing if rules of storage are followed.
Form of manufacture and packing
GSPK-D is made as 7kg-weight briquettes or 2.5kg cylinders, poured
into anti-adhesion silicone box as shown above. Packing: cardboard boxes containing 3 briquettes or 6 cylinders.
The compound GSPK-D is developed by the HKV and is produced on its facilities at
the Moscow experimental plant "Nefteprodukt". The material has passed certification tests in the Research Centre
of the Polimerstroymaterialy JSC and is hygienically approved by the State Sanitary and Epidemiology Supervision.